The best restaurants in Barrio de Las Letras
The number of restaurants in the Barrio de las Letras grows daily. It has become one of Madrid’s leading gastronomic areas, with international food venues, signature cuisine and classic bars reminiscent of the Spanish Golden Age.
This neighbourhood also stands out because its streets are full of secrets, stories and cultural paradises such as Cervantes or Lope de Vega’s house. In addition, it has a privileged location, one step away from Puerta del Sol, and with great tranquillity on its roads. Features that make this neighbourhood one of the best places to live in the centre of Madrid.
That’s why at Darya Homes we have in this area with one of our best promotions such as Santa Isabel 9, a residential rehabilitation project in the Barrio de las Letras that consists of 18 houses. An opportunity to live near a great offer of top quality restaurants.
Where to eat in the Barrio de Las Letras?
The Barrio de Las Letras is one of the best options in Madrid in terms of gastronomy. Every day there are more and better. That is why, below, we talk about some of the best proposals that will delight the most demanding palates.
- El Barril de las Letras. Located very close to Plaza de Santa Ana. It has exquisite traditional Mediterranean cuisine. Its specialities are seafood, rice and fish. Although it also offers a wide variety of tapas to whet your appetite. A perfect restaurant for weekend celebrations with friends or family.
- El Triciclo. The gourmet touch came to the Barrio de Las Letras with this place. Its menu is divided into three sections: market, with fresh produces, purchased that same morning; a tricycle ride, with dishes and rations with raw materials from our country; and a trip on a tricycle, with gastronomic proposals from other countries. Options for all tastes. To taste a greater quantity of dishes, you can order all the proposals in the ration, half ration and third (cover). And to accompany these exquisite products, the Tricycle has an extensive wine list, with the best designations of origin, both national and international, from La Rioja to Australia.
- La Huerta de Tudela. One of the best proposals to eat in the Barrio de Las Letras. It is a modern and elegant place, which stands out for its first-rate vegetables, which are the stars of the house. A combination of fresh and simple elaborations, but at the same time sophisticated with Navarrese DNA. Locality of which is the owner of the restaurant, the famous chef Ricardo Gil Gil, who maintains respect for the vegetables of his native land.
- L’artisan Furansu Kitchen. It offers a contemporary cuisine that combines the best of French and Japanese gastronomy since the owner and chef, Stephane Shoji, was born in Paris and has a Japanese father. Among its specialties you can find dishes such as corvina ceviche with chili, sardines tempura stuffed with umeboshi or sashimi. This restaurant has three rooms: small tables overlooking the kitchen at the top, a brick cellar on the lower floor and, finally, a bar where you can snack.
- Tándem. One of the best options in the Barrio de las Letras to enjoy tapas throughout the day. In each of its gastronomic proposals, a marked interest in fusion stands out. As evidence, the Corvina tiradito with avocado, tiger’s milk or the bao with cheek and red curry. Its specialities are the tartar of ‘chicharro’, a typical fish of the Basque Country, or the rabbit ribs battered with panko.
Enjoying all these gastronomic suggestions and at the same time living in one of the most traditional areas of Madrid has an easy solution. At Darya Homes, we offer you our latest housing development, Santa Isabel 9. A project of 18 homes with 1 and 2 bedrooms that has incredible common areas: indoor pool, interior patios with sheets of water, gym and a gourmet room where you can continue enjoying good gastronomy with your friends or family.