Best Golf Courses in the Costa del Sol
The Costal del Sol is also known as the Costa del Golf, since it currently has more than 70 fields to practice this sport, and many of them are considered world-class. Discover in this post which are the best golf courses in the Costa del Sol.
For this reason, the Costa del Sol is the first European destination for practising golf, due to the spectacular infrastructures it has and a climate that allows this activity to be carried out almost all year round.
Every season thousands of golf fans, both professional and amateurs, and of various nationalities (Spanish, British, German …), come to the Costa del Sol to perfect their swing.
This makes many fans of this sport decide to buy a residence on the Costa del Sol. At Darya Homes, we have an exclusive project of 14 new construction homes, The Sapphire Residences, very close to the Estepona Golf course.
The five best golf courses on the Costa del Sol
Playing golf on the Costa del Sol is enjoying a great day of nature and tranquility since you can play a game with spring temperatures all year round and with the sea in the background. In addition to hitting the ball on some of the best courses in the world, they are:
- Finca Cortesín. It is the main destination for all golf fans par excellence, it is listed as one of the best courses in all of Europe by Golf Digest magazine. It has up to 18 holes and 6802 meters in length. It hosted three years of one of the world’s most outstanding golf tournaments, the Volvo World Match Play Championship. This outstanding field is located in the municipality of Casares (Málaga), just 15 minutes by car from our housing development on the Costa del Sol, Darya Estepona.
- Real Club de Golf Guadalmina. It opened in 1959 and is the second oldest golf centre in Malaga. It has two courses: the South, with 18 holes, aimed at professional players; and the North, destined for fans, with a shorter route and greater undulation. Several tournaments are held here a year, such as the Cristal Marbella or the Norberto Goizueta Memorial. In addition, it has a children’s golf school, so that the little ones can learn this sport.
- Marbella Club Golf Resort. Its views of the Mediterranean from the mountain are really impressive, and on the clearest days, you can see the African continent. An exclusive golf course in Malaga, designed by Dave Thomas, which is also surrounded by a beautiful natural area. The end of the course is spectacular since the last hole, the 18th has a high tee. The variety of different holes forces users to use almost all clubs. Another of its main characteristics is the spaciousness of its greens.
- Santa Clara Golf Marbella. It is the only golf course in Marbella with the ISO 9001 quality seal. Designed by the architect Enrique Canales Busquets almost 20 years ago, it is perfect for spending a quiet day, since it is located in a natural environment of fauna. It is made up of 18 par 71 holes. It also has, at its highest point, a restaurant from which to enjoy incredible views.
- Baviera Golf. Located in the Puerto Deportivo de la Caleta de Vélez-Málaga. It is a luxury for its incredible views of the Mediterranean and the Sierra Tejada Natural Park. A flat course, which stands out for its wide and very moving greens. A great diversity of obstacles that provides an enormous variety of blows. A golf course that was designed by the prestigious professional player José María Cañizares.
If after knowing the best golf courses on the Costa del Sol you decide to buy a home in this area, at Darya Homes we offer two spectacular residential developments on the Costa del Sol such as Darya Estepona and The Sapphire, both have large terraces in order to enjoy the sea throughout the year.